CENTRAL Balticum Entrepreneurship Interaction (CB ENTREINT) 1.11.2011 - 31.12.2013
The role of education in promoting more entrepreneurial attitudes and behaviors is now widely recognized in the EU, but in the Central Baltic (CB) area the theme is not enough utilized in the regions. Competencies of teachers in promoting entrepreneurship are different in CB countries. Also there are now emerging totally new platforms for the company-university interaction in promoting innovations and entrepreneurial behavior. These new platforms are needed to be applied quickly into CB universities and other high level education institutions (HEIs).
CENTRAL BALTICUM ENTREPRENEURSHIP INTERACTION (CB ENTREINT) project will contribute for the CB regional development and competitiveness through the:
- analysis of the training needs for the entrepreneurship teachers in CB different education levels when promoting entrepreneurship
- analysis of the company-university latest and modern business platforms
- cross-border network development between CB novely company-university platforms, HEIs and development organizations
- development and piloting CB Professional Diploma Programme in Entrepreneurship pedagogy
The target groups in the project region are:
- teachers and trainers of entrepreneurship from the HEIs and other educational institutions;
- managers and staff of the new entrepreneurship and innovation platforms: living labs, garages, entrepreneurship initiatives, innovation factories etc.
- regional development and entrepreneurship support and transfer organizations like regional authorities, policy and decision makers, business agencies and technology parks
- business community associations
Expected results, project will:
- Increase awareness of entrepreneurship in CB regions development. This result will be reflected in the form of the cross-border professional Diploma Programme in Entrepreneurship Pedagogy for teachers using Finnish, Estonian, Latvian, Netherland's and UK best practices.;
- develop most advanced models for the company-university interaction platforms and link them with each other;
- provide cross-border learning experiences and a forum to link CB HEIs and development organizations into deeper cooperation in entrepreneurship development;
The project will develop sustain network(s) for the after the project duration and the developed training programs/modules will be taken as a part of the HEIs' further training curricula.
The main activities of the project' take place in the form of analysis, cross border meetings, workshops, benchmarking and best practice exchange, pilot training, which enables cross border interaction between regions and business community.
Project activities will be carried out and have impact on Finland, Estonia and Latvia. Partners of the project are:
FINLAND Lead partner: Aalto University School of Economics Small Business Center
Additional partners: City of Helsinki Economic and Planning Center, The Federation of Finnish Enterprises
ESTONIA Partners: Tallinn University of Technology, University of Tartu.
Additional Partners: Tallinn City Government City Enterprise Board, Tartu City Government.
LATVIA Partners: Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, Latvian Technological Center.
Additional partners: Association of Latvian Technological Parks, Centres and Business Incubators; Institute of Physical Energetics; Stockholm School of Economics Mentors Club.
Project receives financing from Central Baltic Interreg IVA Programme 2007-2013 European Regional Development Fund and national co-financing from Regional Council of Southwest Finland.
Aalto University School of Economics Small Business Center
Natalia Narits, project manager, Tel. +358 40 563 8453, natalia.narits(at)aalto.fi